Huntington Asbestos Mesothelioma Lawyers
Huntington in West Virginia is the state’s second largest city with a population nearing 50,000 as of the 2010 census. Though the area was sparsely settled by the French in the early 1600s, it was not until Collis Potter Huntington, the founder of the Chesapeake and Ohio Railway, came to the area that the City of Huntington was formed.
Part of what makes the city unique is that while most other American cities suffered during the recession of the early 2000s, Huntington continued to flourish. Home values rose and employment opportunities were widely available.
A Hard Working City
Today Huntington’s primary industries are biomedical technology, health care and film/television. The city has gained a lot of attention in recent years after the movie We Are Marshal and the ABC series Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution were filmed there.
In the past the city’s economy was supported primary by manufacturing, transportation and steel processing. Unfortunately, a number of those who worked in these industries are now suffering from a number of asbestos-related illnesses including mesothelioma.
FAQs About Asbestos And Mesothelioma Exposure
Antion McGee Law Group, P.L.L.C. focuses primarily on asbestos and mesothelioma cases here in West Virginia and beyond. Some of the most commonly asked questions include:
- How long does a case take? The majority of mesothelioma cases are settled before they go to court. Because mesothelioma victims have a shortened life expectancy, the court often makes these cases a priority.
- What if the mesothelioma victim has already died? A spouse or other heirs are able to file a wrongful death claim.
- How much can I recover? The compensation which a victim can recover is difficult to estimate. Many companies which installed or manufactured asbestos have since closed their doors or gone bankrupt. These companies have put aside funds to compensate asbestos victims, but depending on the company, these funds may or may not be large enough to properly compensate victims.
What To Do If You Have Been Exposed To Asbestos
If you have been exposed to asbestos or have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, the best first step to take is to contact an attorney who specializes in asbestos and mesothelioma cases. These cases are often very complex and require thorough yet expedited handling.
Antion McGee Law Group, P.L.L.C. has litigated mesothelioma cases across the entire United States. Every client is our first priority and we pride ourselves on being responsive to your needs.
To arrange for a complimentary consultation, please call us today toll free at (304) 807-0739.
Directions to our Antion McGee Law Group, PLLC. From Huntington, WV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 3 h 9 mins
Total Est. Distance: 209 mi
- Head south on Eighth St towards 5th Ave
- Turn right onto 8th Ave
- Turn left onto 5th Street Rd
- Turn right to merge onto I-64 E towards Charleston
- Merge onto I-64 E
- Use the left 3 lanes to take exit 59 for I-77 N towards I-79/Parkersburg
- Continue onto I-77 N
- Keep right at the fork to continue on I-79 N, follow signs for Clarksburg
- Take exit 155 towards WV-7/W Virginia University
- Turn left onto Chaplin Road
- Keep left to stay on Chaplin Road
- Destination will be on the left
We are located at:
341 Chaplin Rd.
2nd Floor, Suite B
Morgantown, WV 26501